Thursday, November 29, 2018

Day 55: on a rainy day

I did not go out as early as I had anticipated today, so I was able to stay home in the morning and ease into the day, with my Chai tea latte and my Morning Pages, while Himself braved the highways to take care of some business in Point Loma. The Pages are my way to dump my sometimes crazy thoughts onto the page, so I can get them out of my head. They also hold space for me when I'm working out a dilemma, or doing necessary Shadow-Work. With the onset of cooler Winter days, the Chai tea not only warms me up, it also helps me pause when I need to take a breath after some frenzied scribbling, or when my thoughts have scattered to the Four Directions and I need to regather them. Sip and Write, I jotted down this morning, Sip and Write.

When Himself returned, I braved the deluge and joined him to do some much needed grocery shopping. Then it was off to the eye doctor, because Himself needed an eye exam, and a form from the DMV filled out, before he could get his driver's license renewed. This entailed a dilation of the pupils, which meant that Yours Truly had to drive him home. Fortunately, not only was it a cloudy day, but the eye doctor isn't too far from where we live. To celebrate the completion of our errands, I got an eggnog beverage from Starbucks. We arrived home just as the next wave of rain began to fall.

Moment of confession: I am an Eggnog Fiend. It's one of my favorite things in the Universe, right behind dark chocolate and well ahead of anything Pumpkin Spiced. My challenge is to enjoy it In Moderation!

We enjoyed - and needed - an after dinner nap before I went along with Himself this evening, just in case, since his pupils were still oversized. I didn't have to drive after all, and that's just fine. We drove home through off and on rain, which is falling once more as I type. It is very much needed and welcomed after the recent fires up north, and after several years of drought in mainly sunny (and warm) SoCal. Right now, I have a small girl cat in my lap keeping me warm. :)

Tomorrow is shaping up to be a catch-up day, to tie off any loose ends that remain to be done from earlier in the week. I don't think it's supposed to rain again until Saturday, but we shall see.   

1 comment:

  1. Victoria, I am not much of an eggnog person, but I love Chai tea. We found a great little tea and spice store where I purchased some nice teas -- one a Midsummer Peach which I might just go enjoy right now. Glad you are getting some much needed rain.

    ReplyDelete