Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Day 333: on some unexpected learning

Himself and I went to the Cardiac Rehab Center today, but did not work out. Instead, we took a CPR training class. It wasn't official or certified, but I had never had a class in CPR before, and it was a good introduction to the topic. We spent about an hour and a half learning what to do in cases of cardiac arrest for adults, children, and infants. I feel more informed about CPR now and I believe I could help save a life if necessary.

I did get one point clarified: the Queen Mother has a Do Not Resuscitate order in her medical records, so if the worst happened, I would not be doing CPR on her. She had made it very clear, almost on a daily basis, that she is "ready to go" and doesn't want any medical treatment that would prolong her life. As hard as it will be, I need to respect her wishes.

Other than that, today was rather calm and normal. I appreciate that.

Tomorrow we will try again to get a workout in. Depending on when we wake up, I'm going to be doing a load of laundry as well. We'll shoot for early, but see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment