Monday, April 8, 2019

Day 185: on remembering...

Today I remembered to Receive. My bestie on the east coast saw Himself's Facebook posting about our dishwasher blues and offered to help out. Today we received the money she sent us. We went over to Lowe's to score a new dishwasher, only to find that they were out of stock of the one we paid for! So I also get to remember Patience as we wait a little longer for the dishwasher to be delivered and installed.

Today I remembered to call my bestie and thank her for her assistance. :)

Today I remembered what nice warm summery days felt like. It's not summer quite yet, but this felt like a gorgeous early-to-mid summer day. Hopefully when more of these days arrive, I can take full advantage of them, and not just enjoy them piecemeal while I'm out running errands.

Today I remembered to sort through the mail. I wound up recycling nearly half of it in the form of discarded envelopes, forms I no longer needed to keep - anything with confidential information on it got placed in the Shredding pile - and gratuitous inserts. Some of it I will consider more deeply later, and some of it I placed in the Appointment pile (to keep track of Himself's appointments at the VA Medical Center) on the dining room table.

Today I remembered to get some legal sized envelopes. I found a small package of them for only a couple of dollars at Staples, so I was happy that I didn't have to buy an entire box of them. I was able to mail out my tax returns today.

Today I received a gentle reminder that I needed to turn in MY Medi-Cal forms for my annual evaluation. I will see if I can get completed and turned in this week.

Tonight Himself and I remembered to walk. We did a lap around the complex. His nerves weren't happy when we were done. He remembered to see if he could get an earlier appointment with his neurologist, but that's yet to be determined. In the meantime, we have some more mysteries to ponder.

Tomorrow I will see if I can remember to attend the new caregiver support group that is starting in Vista, which is closer than the ones down in San Diego are. Getting back to having a support group to go to weekly feels like a good move.

I am beginning to remember a little thing called Hope. I throw open the windows of my mind to allow her to return.

No comments:

Post a Comment