Sunday, March 10, 2019

Day 156: on the "23 hour" day

Daylight Savings Time has kicked in for most of the US, and there are half a dozen articles online saying why it's "bad" for you, but does anyone care?

It will take me a few days to get adjusted to it, as I don't like losing an hour of sleep at night, and I will be a bit crankier than usual for about a week or so. On the other hand, there's a part of me that will be very happy seeing sunlight after 7pm, even if it's only the last bit of light blue sky after sunset, at present.

We planned ahead and sprang the clocks forward before we went to bed; even so, we were a bit late making it to our Sunday support group meeting, as it took forever for everyone to get out of bed and get going, so much that I was beginning to snap and snarl before I stopped and focused my attention completely on my breakfast.

After the support group, we made a stop at Walmart to get cat food and fresh kitty litter, as both cats are going to make significant use of the litterbox for the next two weeks, while Inkblot heals up. He took his meds like a champ this morning, swallowing them down and everything. I praised him effusively.

I drove Himself to a meeting about halfway between home and San Diego this evening. (As much as I like being in control behind the wheel, I will be happy when I no longer have to be his chauffer.) When we got to our destination, we were greeted by a symphony of frogs, that had no doubt been rejuvinated by the rain. They are in luck, as there is more rain scheduled for tomorrow and possibly Tuesday before we dry out and heat up a bit once again. 

As soon as I can tuck the Queen Mother in for the night, I will be passing out myself. I have a feeling we will all sleep very soundly tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment