Monday, March 11, 2019

Day 157: on getting a second wind

I had a nap in the middle of the day today, and I finally feel like I've gotten my second wind, after the craziness of the past week or so.

Inkblot went back to the vet today. His temperature is still good, but he was developing a secondary infection on the back of his leg. The vet lanced and drained it, and left it open. Hopefully it won't need a drain as well; we should know for sure on Thursday. He's more alert with each passing day. Pippa is still not willing to eat beside him at mealtime, but at least she's coming back later to eat. I keep reassuring her that her brother has not been replaced by a Lesser Demon from the Evil Vet's Office. ;)

Once we took care of the cat, we went down the the pantry at Jewish Family Services and stocked up on a few things. Hopefully this will be the last visit we make as recipients, and we can return as donors next time. 

The Queen Mother is "not feeling well" and says she hasn't for the past few days. She says she is experiencing waves of vertigo and some nausea. I will be keeping a closer eye on her this week. Fortunately, there are no appointments tomorrow, so perhaps I can finally Adult a bit more effectively and play some catchup while staying close to home. 

Himself made an appointment for this Wednesday with the pain clinic, so perhaps we will finally get to the bottom of his "Mystery Strain." He's moving better overall, and even resumed driving this evening, but he's not yet a happy camper. I'm visualizing that if something is found, that it's nothing super horrid.

It's raining lightly outside, and this looks like the last bit of rain for a while. Most of California is now out of the drought, at least for now. We shall see what things look like at the end of summer; today, we are grateful.

That's about it from here. Slowly, I regather myself and shift back out of Survival mode... 

No comments:

Post a Comment