Saturday, March 23, 2019

Day 169: on stepping back

As most of what needs to be done has to wait until Monday anyway, today I chose to take a step back and rest, and put the to-do list aside. The day has been an easy one, without a crisis or meltdown, and a much needed respite.

It was a cool sunny day, but not a cold one. Himself and I stopped in at Trader Joe's to grab some breakfast essentials, then he went down to San Diego to tend to some business. I finished the mandala I had colored in for the Spring Equinox, had a nice dinner, and a bit of a nap. I held some gently firm boundaries today.

For her part, the Queen Mother was in a good mood, taking her weekly-ish shower, and helping me out by looking through some documents we found in her closet. We didn't find anything that showed when she was first registered as "disabled," but I wasn't expecting anything to be found here. We did find some old Reader's Digest issues that I'm thinking of passing along.

We had a pleasant surprise when the Queen Mother's bestie stopped by with one of her grand-daughters and her great grandson. Mom got to meet him for the first time. They were only here for a few minutes, but it was nice to see them. Pippa ran and hid, but Inkblot viewed them from a slight distance, looking supremely Unimpressed. ;)

Himself is on his way home, and the Queen Mother is watching a movie on tv. It's a science-fiction thriller that I remember seeing previews of last year, but I forget what it's called. I'm not sure what I'm going to do tomorrow, as I have a few options to consider. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment