Friday, March 1, 2019

Day 147: on a long and smooth day

I wound up waking up getting up at 5:30 this morning and am glad that I did. I was able to shower, get the cats fed, and get the Queen Mother's breakfast ready before we left for the VA Medical Center. We got there on time for the appointment, but they were short-staffed today, and it was about an hour's delay before they took Himself back to get him ready for his appointments. I was invited back for a few minutes before they wheeled him away to the exam room. I then went downstairs and got myself a bit of cottage cheese to go with my pair of tangerines for a small breakfast.

Himself's GI tract is practically normal these days, so the CBD oil is doing its work. There were a few samples sent to Pathology, out of an abundance of caution. Once he was sufficiently awake, I wheeled him out and down to the car, and we went to Milton's Deli for a celebratory brunch. Once a month, we splurge on ourselves. While he had a french toast combo, I had Huevos Rancheros, eggs scrambled atop corn tortillas and covered in cheese, with semi-refried beans on the side, along with a bit of salsa fresca. (Small confession: I have lived in California most of my life, and New Mexico for a few years when I was a little girl, and until today, I had not indulged in this quintessential Mexican breakfast. I filled that deficit today.)

We got home and I made those essential calls I had not gotten around to making yesterday. I was successful in easing the financial burden at the start of the month; here's hoping the end of the month is abundant! Afterward, I had a nice nap.

Besides having to get up early for Himself's "surveillance" appointments, I started my Moonflow today. Oh, what fun. :p Fortunately, my weekly meeting tonight was smaller than usual, so it was shorter than usual. We had enough time afterwards to make a nocturnal stop at our favorite beach. The salt air was not as chilly as it had been a month or two ago, and we could see it was high tide, as the waves were surging over almost all of the beach. (We have narrow beaches in San Diego county. The beaches north of us in Orange county are wider, and the ones in the Bay Area seem to stretch on for miles and miles before you get to the shore - at least, that's my perspective.)

We still got home a bit earlier than usual, and I have comfortably switched into my pajamas and am calling it a night. Both Himself and I will be sleeping like babies tonight. Tomorrow I am planning on doing very little, if anything. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment