Thursday, February 28, 2019

Day 146: on squaring up

Today both Himself's and the Queen Mother's monthly payments arrived, so we were able to pay some bills! We got the most important ones squared away (for a hot minute), and I was able to take a few steps to lighten the financial load which always swings around at the start of the month. I need to make a couple more phone calls tomorrow, but I'm breathing a lot easier tonight than I have been for the past few days.

We got as many errands done as we could today because Himself is going to be "occupied" tomorrow with his appointments, and I'm going to be driving him home. While we were out, we picked up a few items to help him with his Clear Liquid Diet requirement today: lemon-lime Jello (he can't eat any of the red gelatins prior to his appointments), chicken broth, and some lemon-flavored Crystal Light to add to the prep he has to drink in order to clean out his innards. It's euphemistically called GoLytely because it has electrolytes in it. Himself has suggested more than once that it should be renamed "Go (very) Hard." He uses a slightly different word in the middle to describe it. ;)

To his credit, he has finished drinking half of the prep per the directions the VAMC gave to him, and let's just say he's letting the noxious concoction do its work. (I haven't had the pleasure of getting a colonoscopy yet, but in about three years or so, we will be trading places, I'm sure.)

I'm not sure how much I will be writing in tomorrow's entry, because we're going to have to get up super early and it might be a bit before everything settles down. I'm going to try really hard to get a nap in when we get home in the afternoon! Between now and then, here's hoping that they don't find any more "suspicious" polyps. So far, so good...and we intend for it to STAY that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment