Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Day 137: on multi-level cleaning

I managed to turn around my mood last night when I chose to dive back into my writing, something I managed not to do over the weekend. I didn't wind up writing a whole lot, but it inspired me to do a little research over on Wikipedia, which is one of my best friends. The data available there was simply not present some fifteen-odd years ago, when I first came up with the idea for this story. Totally inspired, with my inner learning geek satisfied, I went to bed in a much better mindset than I had when I got up in the morning - which had been an improvement over the day before.

With another good night's sleep under my belt, and a bright sunny sky, I took another incremental step forward up the mountain. We all took showers today, a total Shower-palooza, and in the middle of it all, the nail on the second toe of my left foot, the one that's looked a little funky for quite a while, and the one that I did a number on last month, finally fell off. I got the chance to see what a toe looks like under its nail, and I saw there was already a wee toenail growing in to replace the nasty gnarly one. Whether it grows back all the way remains to be seen. In the meantime, I have a cute Hello Kitty bandaid on it, and I will for a few more days, to keep it protected.

We had to go out to get some more cat food today, and I was about ready to put the huswifery aside and not worry about it, simply because I was going to have to leave the house! Then I talked some sense into myself, and tidied up the top of the main dresser in our room, and picked up trash on that side of the room. Another small project that makes me feel worlds better. 

Now I have one cat upset that he can't go outside, but the temperatures are getting close to freezing tonight, and sometimes mom has to be more sensible than the furry adopted offspring. The rain is supposed to come back tomorrow evening, then last until Friday, so it will continue to be cold and, just maybe, a tiny bit of snow might fall in the wee hours, as the temperature is supposed to be just about freezing Thursday night. The last time it snowed in my neck of the woods was in 1969 - two years before I was born! You know you live in SoCal when possible snow is a source of excitement, instead of dread. ;)

Before the rain returns, there is trash and recycling to be taken out to their respective dumpsters, and I will see how part three of Huswifery unfolds...

No comments:

Post a Comment