Monday, February 18, 2019

Day 136: on a bit of huswifery

I have three of the five days this week without any appointments or events to worry about, so I started in on some much needed huswifery, as the Bard would say..

First up was the end table by our bed, which had a hodgepodge of items sprawled all over it. I took everything off of it, recycled various bits of paper, put things away, and found a pen holder for most of the half-dozen pens and highlighters that I seem to use on a regular basis. Later, I picked up trash around the end table, then removed the bottom drawer (it's more a mini dresser than an actual end table, in truth) and grabbed the things that had either slid under the front of it, or fell behind it. It now occurs to me that I could go through the actual drawers at some point and do even more decluttering. Perhaps I will come back to it in a day or two...

The other thing I managed to accomplish was in the kitchen, where I loaded the dishwasher and cleared out the recycling. Horribly boring stuff, I know - but when one has been in the grip of Depression, as I have, completing even the most basic and routine tasks feel like small victories. Once the Queen Mother has her ice cream tonight, I will finish loading the dishwasher and start it up.

Speaking of Depression, it knocked on the door tonight. We had an unexpected downpour just after sunset, and between that and a small disagreement between Himself and the Queen Mother, my mood found a rabbit hole to jump down. The last thing I want to do is to act as a referee between my mother and my husband! Pippa came in for some cuddles, fortunately, so I was able to pull my mood out of the rabbit hole and chase my Depression off, for this evening. 

I still have some tidying up to do, so I shall see how much I can get done over the next couple of days...

No comments:

Post a Comment