Saturday, February 9, 2019

Day 127: on tending to the nest

I chose to focus on domestic affairs today, as the dishes were taking over one of the kitchen counters, and the recycling was needing to be taken out. So I paced myself and got the kitchen done, the trash out, and the recycling station tidied up. The dishwasher is doing its job now.

It was a good day to move through calmly, with breaks to hydrate and snuggle with the cats. I'm glad it only rained briefly, though it's more likely to rain tomorrow, according to the latest forecasts.

I also took a bit of a plunge and cooked up some risotto. It turned out to be quite tasty, and plumped up more than I expected from the small bag. I seem to keep forgetting how much rice expands when you add water to it, so I have enough for another meal with it. Whether or not I finish it off tomorrow is another matter entirely. I haven't made up my mind yet.

Himself and I have our joint support group tomorrow, and a few errands to run after that. Hopefully it won't be raining too hard...

No comments:

Post a Comment