Sunday, February 10, 2019

Day 128: on a rather decent day

Made it to our support group today. We took turns in sharing. I felt better after we left than I did before we arrived. Post group, we paid a visit to one of our members who had developed bursitis in one of her heels, and had just finished one week of a strict two week "no walking or driving" regimen. Between the group and the chat, we got home a bit later than we had expected. I got the Queen Mother's dinner ready, then had my own dinner.

It's rained off and on today, more off than on, but enough so that the cats were more inside than out. There was enough sunlight for me to see a segment of a rainbow on oour way home, so I took a picture for my Daily Stories on Messenger. I've missed a few days here and there, mainly because I don't want to take boring pictures, and partly because it would be way too easy to post pics of the cats. That's not necessarily a bad thing, yet I want to show there's more to my life than cats. ;)

We are skipping the Grammys this evening. Mom is having her own unofficial "NCIS: Los Angeles" marathon, and I am catching up on my reading of the Sunday paper. Tomorrow, I step back into the grind; tonight, I take a much needed breather. Even though I don't have a strict "workweek" as a caregiver, I still appreciate the weekend, as I give myself permission to stop worrying about the world, and our affairs in it, for those two days.

As for our affairs, I can summarize them thusly: we have finally arrived at the mountain - but we still have to climb it. If we can get through March, possibly April, the tide should turn for good. All prayers are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment