Friday, February 15, 2019

Day 133: on a full Friday

Another day of making the most out of a trip to the VA Medical Center.

Himself and I went down a little earlier than his scheduled appointment to see if he had his new eyeglasses, refill a medication or two, and get physical therapy on his lower back. Though it took a couple of trips back and forth, we got everything accomplished, and I met my daily activity goal to boot. He has been raving about how well he can see ever since we left the VAMC. ;)

Unfortunately, that meant we had to navigate Friday rush hour traffic back home. This Friday wasn't as bad as some Fridays have been, but it still took us nearly an hour to get home. We ate dinner, then stepped out to our weekly meetings. Once again, I was reluctant to go beforehand, but was glad I had made the effort afterwards.

When we got home, I found a large manila envelope waiting for me in our mailbox. The Queen Mother's medical records had been delivered - but they only went back two years. I have the documentation of her most recent medical adventures, but I don't have the year she was certified as Disabled. We will need to see if the DMV can come through, and I am glad that I thought to request from both offices at the same time. Keep your fingers crossed, y'all...

The rain is beginning to fall once again, and is expected to fall on and off for the entire weekend. Tomorrow will be a day for laundry and kitchen activities. I am also planning on resuming my writing, as I have been preoccupied for the last few days with plans taking me outside of the house. So I'm looking forward to a restful, if damp, semi-holiday weekend, as Monday is President's Day, and I expect a few things to be closed on that day. That will give me sometime to figure out my next moves as well.

Climbing that damn mountain one step at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment