Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Day 123: on the magic of play

So first off, let me share the picture of my finished vision board. I had promised I was going to share it last night, but I wasn't in the space to post anything at all...


I've also had the idea to alter the front of a little yellow notebook that I purchased on sale, as part of a set of three, and I've been doing that over the past couple of days. I want to share that with you as well:



For the last three days, I've been doing more than collaging; I've been playing. Playing wih images, playing with layout, playing with color. I have been Creating through this play, and I've noticed that the Heavies are not nearly as heavy as they were, especially today.

I consider it a minor miracle that, as cranky as I was yesterday, I woke up this morning with barely any crankiness. Yes, I tended to the laundry, and kept an ear open while the Queen Mother took her shower. Yes, I have some more financial concerns on the immediate horizon - but I mainly Played today, and the other things barely bothered me at all. I am surprised and deeply Grateful for this shift in attitude. I even did a reading for myself today, and got some good results from it. 

I'm shifting back to the mandalas in the next day or two, as I will be filling "long" stretches of time in waiting rooms. But I seem to have tapped into a source of Magick by switching up my modalities, so I'll have to see what other opportunities to Play arise for me as Winter begins to thaw subtly into Spring.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you found some time for play. We all are so in-tuned to the "must gottas" that we often neglect the needs of nourishing our souls. I so admire your strength and commitment to all your "must gottas."

    ReplyDelete