Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Day 138: on microcleaning

Today turned out to be trash and recycling day: clearing out both of the bathrooms and our bedroom, along with the main trash in the kitchen and the paper recycling bag by where the Queen Mother sits. We managed to get everything sorted before this round of rain got underway, so that was some good work. We also managed to get a quick grocery run in before the rain started in earnest. I felt like I made some good headway.

Trash and recycling also helped to distract my mind from worrying over money, as I had not received notification as of this morning about my timesheet being processed, and how much was going into the bank. I plotted out my worry in my Morning Pages, and found I had written myself into a calmer and more pragmatic stance when I was done. As the 15th had fallen on a Friday, and this past Monday had been a holiday, of course there was going to be a backlog of timesheets to process. As mine had not been ready to go first thing Tuesday morning, of course I was going to be further back in the queue. I should get a notice tonight (their system tends to notify you sometime between midnight and 1am; don't ask me why), and then I will act accordingly.

With the rain falling, Himself and I are skippping a trip down to San Diego tomorrow morning, which opens up the day for more huswifery: laundry for him, more cleaning and reorganizing for me. By focussing on cleaning one smallish area at a time, I'm actually building some momentum, which might eventually lead to more cleaning elswhere in the house, which would please the Queen Mother to no end. If nothing else, I can distract myself from worrying about money all the damn time!

Continuing to inch my way up the mountain...

No comments:

Post a Comment