Monday, February 11, 2019

Day 129: on picking and choosing

Today I sorted through the mail, recycling half of it, and putting in our shredding bag half of what was left. I looked through everything and endeavored to figure out what to pay and when we absolutely needed to pay it. We wound up going to our gas and electric provider, ready to make a payment on our bill, and wound up negotiating a bit more time, until I get my next paycheck sometime next week. (President's Day on Monday is another Federal holiday, and will need to be taken into account.)

We then stopped by Trader Joe's to grab some necessities, and again needed to figure out what we could get now, and what needed to wait until later. Fortunately, we are getting a small stipend each month in food stamps - which are now automatically loaded onto an ordinary looking plastic card these days - and I was able to use that today to pay for our one bag. Also fortunately, some gift cards from Cancer Angels arrived today, and will help to make life much easier for the rest of the month.

I don't feel terribly depressed at the moment, as 1) things worked out better than I thought they would, and 2) Himself and I are both confident that the end of our struggles is coming sooner, instead of later. We have begun to climb the mountain.

I will be starting my next mandala after I finish with this post. Onward...

2 comments:

  1. Victoria, I'm so hopeful that things will turn around for you and Himself. Sending all good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They will. We just have to get there in one piece!

    ReplyDelete