Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Day 145: on adjusting

I did one of the two things I had planned on doing today: the laundry. I chose to wash my hair today as well, since it had been a little over a week since I was last able to. I didn't make it to the support group because we had to do a bit of essential grocery shopping to get a few things we either had just run out of, or were just about to run out of. That we were successful in, and I still have a bit of money left over in the bank. I also used a freebie to get a Venti black tea lemonade from Starbucks, which I will finish off tomorrow.

Since I switched off my devices on Sunday, I have been more mindful of how much time I'm spending on Social Media, which in my case, means Instagram. I'm all but off of Facebook at the moment; the only thing I am "saving" it for is the Livestream that the Southern Caregiver Resource Center presents with its monthly classes. If I can't get to their main office, something that I haven't been able to do for the past several months, I can still tune in to the presentation. Now if there was a Livestreamed support group available, that would probably make my life a lot easier.

Back to Instagram: I have started making changes there as well, not just in which accounts I'm following, but also in when I put it down and pick up a book instead. I am still wanting to fill time, but not in a way that will get me super upset. Though the accounts I follow online are mainly positive, it is still part of the Internet, and all it takes is one insensitive comment to get the snowball going. Then I (am learning to) step away before I wind up saying something I would later regret. Between these last tumultuous few years and my inherent Scorpio rising tendencies, my patience with fools has been wittled very far down, and it's only because I know better that I'm able to do better, or at least, not do worse.

Tomorrow, in theory, is Himself's prep day before his next "coming and going" appointment (an endoscopy combined with a flexible sigmoidoscopy) to check on his innards. However, we have just learned that a friend is visiting the ER right now, so plans might have to change. We shall know more tomorrow; in the meantime, a prayer or two on our friend's behalf would be appreciated.


No comments:

Post a Comment