Saturday, February 16, 2019

Day 134: on a "free-form" day

I needed to visit the bathroom a bit before 4am this morning, and wound up feeding the cats their "first breakfast," since they were all ready to eat. Inkblot then waited until after sunrise to be my fuzzy alarm clock. At 7am, he deemed it to be Too Cold to go out, but after "second breakfast" at 9:30am, the weather had warmed sufficiently for him to step out and make his morning rounds. I thought about returning to sleep, but as there was only 30 minutes to go before the traditional alarm was set to go off, I chose to go ahead and get moving into the day. After I had helped the Queen Mother with her breakfast, I settled into my usual Tea and Morning Pages routine. I waited until Himself had risen and showered before I started the laundry.

Today was an easy day. I cleaned up the recycling area and tidied up in the kitchen, but not before I finished my "Valentine mandala" and posted it on my Instagram. I managed to sneak in a nap while waiting for a load of laundry to dry. I was beginning to lean towards going down to San Diego with Himself this evening, but the Queen Mother can't manage the laundry by herself, and there was still a load and a half to go. I elected to stay home instead, so I could get the laundry dried and done in in a reasonable amounte of time.

I should have been more upset with not being able to go with Himself, but after the Saturday night meeting he goes to, folks usually find a restaurant to visit afterwards for a late dinner...and at the moment, that's not something we can afford to do. So Himself ate a nice early dinner before heading down this evening, and I expanded my dinner hour.

It feels like an evening to meditate quietly in, so I think that's what I'm going to do after I publish this entry. Now that I'm feeling "the worst" is over, and I'm starting to be more Creative again, some deep things are beginning to stir within my spirit and fill in some of the emptied out places. I am grateful to be reconnecting with this Deep Spirituality, and also curious to see exactly how this all comes together.

Tomorrow will be an out in the world day, regardless of whether or not it rains. We shall see what unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment