Friday, February 1, 2019

Day 119: on moving through the cranky

Had another early start to the day today, which didn't flow quite as smoothly as it did yesterday...

Today we had some items to pursue on the agenda. First was a visit to Jewish Family Services, where instead of an interview, we found that we had already been magically "recertified" for the pantry, and did we want to visit it today? Himself went to get the bags and I considered all of my options. I believe we were the first to visit, and we had the pick of the bounty. It was an unexpected blessing to start the day, yet I was on a bit of an edge for much of it. 

Going into a Wal-Mart that reeked of acetone from the beauty salon they had on site did not help my mood, nor did only finding half of the items we needed on our list. Making a couple of other stops to pick up essential items was okay, yet my phone didn't seem to work when the Queen Mother called to see where we were, and I had to yell into the phone that we would be home soon. Not sleeping as much as I prefer for a couple of days in a row didn't help. Mars in conflict with Pluto didn't help either. (When the "God of War" squares off against the "God of Shadows," you get cranky people, basically, and I was one of them.)

I had a nap after lunch, and that helped for a bit, until I went to get the rest of the cat food - something not readily available at the food pantry - at our local Wal-Mart. Then there were several more small misadventures in the store that rubbed me completely the wrong way. Fortunately, Himself came in to save the day, and we went to our weekly meeting after that. We made it home before the next storm began. 

Some days, I move easily and effortlessly through the world outside of my house; other days, it feels like it's all I can do to keep my temper in check and get home as quickly as possible, so I can relax (somewhat) and nest. Fortunately, I have an empty agenda for tomorrow, and a fun thing lined up for Sunday. I will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment