Friday, February 8, 2019

Day 126: on a good ending to the week

We all agreed to stick to the agenda today, and pulled ourselves together to make it over to the Social Security office. We wound up being there for less than an hour (!), and with the Queen Mother present, we have obtained one of the magic numbers we were looking for: the year she began receiving her Social Security payments. If I am right, and either the doctor's records or the DMV records back me up, the other magic number - the year she was first certified as "disabled" - will be before this number, and this will help to qualify her for the "Working Disabled" program that the state of California has.

Having this documentation helped me to breathe a bit easier today. Hearing that we are going to receive some more support (in the form of gift cards for groceries and gas) also helped me to breathe a bit easier. Now I can focus of perhaps paying some of the more vital bills that we need to take care of!

Yesterday I couldn't see the way forward, for the fog had rolled in and obscured my Vision. Today the fog is lifting, and I am beginning to see the way forward once more. A very good way to end the week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment