Friday, October 26, 2018

Day 21: on what i did "instead"

If our original plans had not been altered, I would have posted this today from a hotel in Phoenix, AZ. Since they were altered, though, I had a few things I did "instead"...

I tackled the kitchen and loaded the dishwasher. The kitchen is one of the places in the home where things can get nasty very quickly if one doesn't stay on top of things: food is prepared, so there is packaging to be thrown away or reecycled; dishes are used and need to be washed, or at the very least, rinsed off. Unfortunately, in the grip of Depression, this is the one area where I can plan on getting everything cleared up "tomorrow" - and many tomorrows become yesterdays, and still no action is taken. Today I made headway and brought a measure of Order to the continuous Chaos the kitchen often is.

I went on a merry goose chase around town to find the one specific type of Citracal that the Queen Mother will happily take. Walmart didn't have it, nor Walgreens, nor CVS. Rite Aid is the one place that had the yogurt-like, berry flavored chewable "pearls," so after 45 minutes, I was finally able to come home triumphant, and very hangry.

Himself and I went to our special meetings tonight, where I was greeted with surprise and a little concern at my meeting. There I was able to share my story and commiserate with one of my tribes, and feel better once the meeting was over. Somehow that led to some good, open sharing between Himself and myself on the way home, so I'm grateful for that. :)

With any luck, tomorrow I will be able to salvage some of the fun and Zen energy I was planning on diving into over the weekend. I'll check in tomorrow and let y'all know how succcessful I was.

3 comments:

  1. Oh honey... I'm so sorry not to be able to comment regularly, I have been dealing with a crisis with my wee pug Delilah all week and barely able to keep my head above water, but I just sat here and read several entries all the way back to your moonflow, and the next one about why your vacation had to get cancelled. It made me so angry. It broke my heart. You NEEDED that vacation and Goddess knows you deserved it. I wish I could make things easier for you. I hope you get it reconciled and get the money you are owed. These things make me so angry.

    I love you and I am sending warm gentle hugs. I hope you are finding ways to take care of yourself. Know that I am holding you in my heart and prayers and I am so happy to see you blogging each day, I am just so proud of you, I am cheering you on, and I promise you if you keep it up you will find it life-changing, something that will help center and heal you and keep you going.

    I love you sweet V. Please take care...

    Maitri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries about commenting! I know your hands are totally full, and I happily reflect the hugs back to you. We'll find ways to get through the rough patches, you betcha!

      Delete
  2. An earlier reply went off into the ether.

    My caregiving story spanned over a decade, but we were fortunate, my sister and I, to be physical caregivers largely as backups.

    And thankfully, our mother was a small person.

    Sending all good thoughts for you. You are doing good things, however framed.

    ReplyDelete