Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Day 25: on staying atop the surfboard

Today started out much lighter than yesterday did. There were still appointments to attend, and concerns to ponder, but I was able to enjoy a cup of tea and write in the Morning Pages before things got going.

The concern I am pondering foremost is the Queen Mother's health. She has been complaining about dizziness and nausea, and if her complaints continue, a return visit to her doctor is all but certain. She did manage to feel better as the day progressed, so we were able to make her dental appointment, where they finally fixed her dentures to her satisfaction. She had been wearing them for the past week with only a few complaints, and now appears to have accepted them completely. Here's one thing I can cross off of my list!

Between appointments, Himself worked some more on the demand letter for his personal insurance settlement, which he hopes to finish this week. Although it would be lovely to get everything wrapped up and resolved by the end of next month (which we're hoping for), I have stopped expecting quick resolutions to all things financial. This is the concern that lingers in the background, and has for a while now - we know we are going to get money, but we are not sure as to WHEN. It is this uncertainty which can pitch me off the surfboard and into the murky and turbulent waters, where Stinking Thinking lurks just below the surface, ready to pull me down into the depths and into Depression. The only way I have so far figured out to cope is to release ANY expectations of significant financial windfalls this year. When I take off the blinders, then I can better see what is truly around me, and perhaps act more appropriately with what I have at hand, now.

I am saving the critical thinking for later in the week. Tomorrow is a day to replenish myself In Nature, and walk the Labyrinth. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment