Sunday, December 16, 2018

Day 72: on allowing myself to rest

I didn't go to the holiday tea party today. I woke up as it was scheduled to start, in fact.

I have realized that my Moonflow actually provides an answer to one of my prayers: once a month, ready or not, I am given a few days to rest, because my energy levels ebb and my mind goes totally introverted. I don't want to interact with the outside world while I bleed! So I took advantage of the downtime by journaling, and catching up on blogs, and generally moving very slowly. The realization is that I can give myself the "staycation" I desire every single month, if I plan it right. The trick is to listen to and observe my body closely, especially now that I'm moving through perimenopause, and schedule things accordingly.

Tomorrow I'll begin to ease myself back into the fast tempo of the world. Tonight I just might brew myself some green tea and consider plotting out the week ahead.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are taking care of yourself and listening to your body's needs.
    Gentle Hugs.

    ReplyDelete