Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Day 74: on shifting focus

Errands and Fun Outside the Home were the order of today.

Once a month or so, I have a lunch date with one of my sisters from the support group Himself and I attend on Sundays. She helps me keep my head on straight, and when I need it, very gently helps me remove my head from my arse. Lunches with her are lovely - just the two of us, sharing conversation and yummy food. She has been, and will continue to be, a lovely angel in my life.

Once we finished up at lunch, we went our separate ways, and Himself picked me up en route to the VA Medical Center. He had an access port implanted before he started chemotherapy a couple of years ago, and kept it when his regimen was over. He goes in once a month or so to have it flushed, and when blood needs to be drawn for lab work, the nurses use the port to draw the blood. Having the port has come in very handy in the nearly two years post-chemotherapy, as he's been hospitalized several times since his cancer adventure, and having IV needles inserted into his arm has been problematic at best! At any rate, we were also finally able to nail down the elusive PET scan appointment, which he needs before his next oncology appointment, and made a trip to the Pharmacy for some medication renewals.

We were delayed on the trip home by some heavier traffic than usual, thanks to some gnarly accidents on the 15. We eventually made it, though, and I prepared mom's dinner while Himself grabbed a bite to eat before heading back out into the fray, for more business. I finally grabbbed a few things to munch on about three hours ago; lunch was that filling. I've also tidied up the kitchen a bit, mostly in gathering up everything that needs to be recycled.

I have a chiropractic appointment for myself tomorrow, as the muscles in my lower back have been tensing up the past few days, which normally means my back is about ready to go out. Before it does, I'm going to get it re-aligned. Then there's a quick trip to the post office that needs to be made, to get some vital documents up to Sacramento to see if I can get those elusive paychecks from October. After that will be the usual grocery shopping, then home to (hopefully) tackle the dishes!

Winter Solstice is on Friday, and I'm feeling a lift in my energy as we get closer to that Longest Night... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment