Monday, December 17, 2018

Day 73: on having a "gold star" day

I woke up this morning feeling a lot lighter than I had over the weekend. It took a bit to get my tea, write in my Morning Pages, and have my breakfast, but I didn't feel rushed, nor did I really need to.

With Himself taking care of business in San Diego, I got in some good Adulting today: I paid off a key bill with the money that hit my account this morning, and I have a bit left over. I filled out two of the three forms that I needed to fill out, and they will be mailed off tomorrow morning. The third form is saved onto my computer to get filled out later. I also washed my hair today, which means I won't need to worry about washing it tomorrow, before I head out for lunch with a friend, and take care of some more business at the VA with Himself.

I am beginning to feel more hopeful and less melancholy as I slowly refill my cup and ease back into life. 2018 feels like a Bottoming Out year, stopping the descent I began in 2014 - long story which I might be inclined to summarize as I move through the Year's End. Let me journal upon it first...

Himself stayed down in San Diego till the Evening Commute was over, then did me the favor of grabbing a few necessities on the way back home. It has rained lightly this evening, enough to dampen the sidewalks and give the grass a little watering. We weren't sure if it was going to rain or not today, and it usually hasn't in the past, so to see some actual rain was a bit of a treat.

I'll see if I can get to bed after I tuck the Queen Mother in, because as I mentioned above, a busier day lies ahead tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment