Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Day 82: on "turning it around"

Himself was committed to helping out with a club's "Boxing Day" today, so he was down in San Diego as part of a packing and demolishing team. I was still feeling rather protective of my back, so I stayed home, and got an earful from the Queen Mother as I ate my breakfast. I'm not sure what bee flew into her bonnet, but she was in some kind of mood for the first part of the day, kvetching about pretty well everything. Then I handed her a handful of Christmas cards that had arrived Friday and Monday, and both of our moods changed. I'm going to say we have some of the most awesome friends on the earth, hands down.

It's curious - I started a GoFundMe last month, but it was from a place of Fear. I was really loath to updated it after the initial influx of funds, because of Shame. After I took it down a few weeks ago, we have received numerous Blessings: some friends  have shared food, others with come forth with different offers. I'm very surprised and grateful at the energetic "about face" that I have experienced. Perhaps I was worried about nothing after all...or perhaps I was so focussed on Money, that I closed myself off to other forms of help, and once I abandoned my focus, I somehow "relaxed" enough to be able to truly Receive the assistance coming my/our way.

On that note, once I had finished breakfast, I called back the Queen Mother's life insurance company to re-request a copy of the worth of her insurance policy. I figured out that if you put a "1" in front of our home number before dialing it, we can receive faxes, which is what we did. Then it was a matter of calling the county office to get their fax number, so that I could send them the fax that I had promised would come by today at the latest.

With Himself not coming back till later in the evening, I summoned up my courage, shut the cats in the house, laced up my tennies, and walked a few blocks over to the credit union, then back home. Inkblot especially will follow me around like a dog, if I let him; since I had to leave the complex, I didn't want him to follow me all the way to the credit union, lest he get spooked and run into the busy street! One of my intentions for 2019 is to see if I can leash-train him (it can be done, true believers!) and take him on controlled Adventures Outside. My back was a wee bit stiff from the trip, but not horribly bad at all, especially when compared with Himself's back after his busy day.

Today was a good day to ease back into the Flow: I completed the one task I needed to do, and I/we received a genuine Christmas miracle. Tomorrow I resume the "wild goose chase" in seeing if I can find sufficient supplemental insurance to satisfy the Queen Mother's Medi-Cal requirement. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment