Friday, December 28, 2018

Day 84: on an easy friday

Here is a switch: Himself is in bed before me! He has been pushing himself all week to help an Alano Club move, as he has close ties with it, and today all of the work and stress caught up with him. They didn't want to move, but they don't have a choice. Long story with a lot of drama, and I'm not sure what details I'm at liberty to share at this moment. In addition, tomorrow is the Actual Move, and he said he would need to get up early to get down to San Diego to execute his role in getting everything from Point A to Point B.

So while he (sort of) rested today, I enjoyed my morning ritual of Tea with Morning Pages before breakfast. I made it out into the kitchen and wrested Order from Chaos once again, gathering up all the recycling and getting some of it out to our special blue bins in the patio. I had also intended to get started on digging around for some extra insurance for the Queen Mother today, but that didn't come to pass. My mind was not in the mood for Yet More Sleuthing.

I really don't like the short cold days of Winter, especially when it's actually cold outside. (Don't laugh, East Coasties!) Last year I didn't have to get any of the "Winter clothes" out because it never got super cold. Tonight is the first night temperatures are approaching freezing, so out came my fuzzy Sherpa tops! I would rather stay home and "hibernate" when it feels this cold; tonight, though, I armed myself with a hot winter beverage and set out with Himself for our weekly meetings. At least the air was fragrant when we returned - several of the condos in our complex have fireplaces, and they were being put to full use this evening. I'm also grateful that that cats had the good sense to come inside as well; they have become quite accustomed to, and appreciative of, the Domestic Life!

Tomorrow I will be most likely staying home to keep an eye on the Queen Mother while Himself tends to his business. I'm thinking of trying a culinary experiment for dinner. I'll fill y'all in tomorrow on what it is, and how it goes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment