Monday, December 31, 2018

Day 87: on disappointment

This was not the New Year's Eve that I had planned, to be honest...

I went down with Himself to the new temporary location of the Alano Club, where I helped with the "smudging party." Himself treated me to a tasty brunch. We stayed there a little longer than either of us expected, and that was apparently our mistake.

When we got home, the Queen Mother was in a mood as I got dinner ready. Let's just say we had a significant Difference of Opinion over the state of the house and of the household. Himself convinced me to stick with our plans to go to the NYE event we had been planning to attend, and we would simply return home a little earlier than expected. I agreed and we left, but I had a very bitter taste in my mouth over the argument.

The party was okay. Some tables had a wide selection of party favors, others were all but bare. The dinner was a Mexican-style buffet, and I got the vegetarian goodies. There was going to be a speaker before the comedian, but after the speaker was finished, Himself said he was done, as he had a headache and his back was bothering him. So we left.

I guess I was clinging too tightly to my expectations about tonight, and I guess I was more upset at leaving than I thought. I cried out my frustrations on the way home. We did agree to stop for some dessert before heading home, but the whole day - afternoon and evening - just did not go my way at all, and I wound up super frustrated. I suppose there's always next year; hopefully we'll have someone looking after the Queen Mother besides us!

I will be staying close to home tomorrow. Perhaps that will be my contemplative post. Tonight just stunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment