Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Day 103: on finding some motivation

I got a good night's sleep last evening into morning, something that had been eluding me recently. Waking up feeling moderately refreshed makes a world of difference. I got going a bit later than I had intended, but this time I managed to cross several items off of my to-do list.

One item I took care of was finding a good possibility in supplemental insurance, through the good folks of AARP. I will be phoning them tomorrow. I am also currently playing phone tag with a lady in the Appeals department at Medi-Cal; we might actually have something for them at the hearing next week!

I also paid a quick visit to Trader Joe's in the afternoon, to grab ourselves some tea. We are a tea family; even Himself is drinking more tea, especially in the morning, because coffee is becoming a bit too acidic for his stomach to handle. With the tea and a few other necessities in the bag, we got home and had dinner. (I assembled the Queen Mother's dinner before Himself and I left.)

I have some paperwork to drop off at the County Health & Human Services office tomorrow, and will try to do that before the rain starts up again tomorrow afternoon. I'm also looking forward to my caregiver support group tomorrow, since Himself's "Appointment Week" diverted me from attending last week's group. I try to attend a group every week; the two groups I found are not in the same location, but they both fit in to the schedule nicely - at least, when there aren't any appointments scheduled.

Good day overall. They're starting to outnumber the bad ones... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment