Thursday, January 10, 2019

Day 97: on a good easy day

It's the first full day of my Moonflow, and I didn't feel super heavy, slow, or melancholy. I find that when I'm given an opportunity to truly rest, and I'm not rushed into any sort of activity, I'm able to keep an even keel much more effectively throughout the day, especially during my Moontime!

I spent much of today coloring in the mandala I had started on Monday, while Himself was getting his PET scan. I made some bold choices toward the end; as the full moon during a lunar eclipse is more often than not red-orange in color (Google it for some spectacular pictures), I made that choice with some of my moons. I'll post the finished picture in the next day or so.

Speaking of Himself, the Oncology case manager called both of us with his test results: all of his bloodwork in regard to his cancer came back happily normal. He had a normal PSA, which means that the "minimal activity" they picked up on the PET scan is indeed related to his tailbone (and surrounding areas) mending. He has been tumor free for 2 1/2 years, and he will be celebrating his 2 year end-of-chemo anniversary at the end of this month. Though we are over the moon happy with him being cancer free, he's still dealing with some of the lingering side effects of his chemotherapy, and he has an appointment with his general doctor next week to discuss that.

I also puttered around in the kitchen a little, putting away clean dishes and corralling some of the recycling together. Maybe I'll load some dishes into the dishwasher tomorrow to get that ball rolling. We'll see how I feel.

Yes, I could have spiralled back into Depression earlier this week, but I made a concerted effort NOT to, and I am continuing my way out of that rut. I find myself able to bounce back a bit quicker than before each time life starts to get Heavy, and I catch it before I go bounding back down the rabbit hole. For this, I am grateful. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment