Saturday, January 12, 2019

Day 99: on a rainy saturday

The first of several days of ran unfolded today, mainly in the morning to early afternoon. I enjoy the rain the most when I can observe it from indoors. ;)

Much of my morning was taken up by a business call; fortunately, my phone was on mute most of the time, so I was able to get breakfast together for the Queen Mother, and get my breakfast together by degrees. I was finished with the call by about 12:30.

Today I gathered up trash and recycling from the master bathroom, the Queen Mother's bathroom, and her bedroom. One of the items of recycling was taking down a mini "tower " of cardboard glove boxes that had built up over the past few months. (Himself gets medical gloves from the VA to help with his bathroom hygiene.) As I got each box ready to recycle, I was met with an unexpected surprise: a lizard had taken up residence in one of the boxes! I suspect one of the cats had brought it in, and it had eluded being lunch by hiding in our bathroom. I was surprised to see it alive and hale! So I took it outside (after it had stopped raining) and I released it atop a low brick wall across the way. It was long gone when I stepped out a few minutes later to double check. I finished up by rearranging a few things in our bathroom.

I made a second round of Mock Chili for dinner. This time I used black beans and kept the "bean juice" to add a bit of flavor. I was going to have it with some pre-cooked quinoa, but it had gone very bad, so I combined it with some rice instead. I also added a bit of salsa for spice, and it turned out to be delicious.

Before blogging this evening, I had a bit of a nap, as the sense of Tired I was feeling finally became too much to ignore, and I found myself getting cranky with the Queen Mother. I'll be off to bed at my usual time, no worries.

We're not expecting any rain tomorrow, but it is forecast to restart on Monday, and could possibly go all week. We haven't received a lot of rainfall as of late, so it will go a long way toward replenishing some of our reservoir lakes. We will be grateful, but the cats - not so much. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment