Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Day 95: on feeling like a fool

Today did not go as expected.

Yes, I cleared up the paperwork I wanted to, turning a huge pile into a bag filled with essentials. Yes, I made the phone call earlier today - and that's where everything went sideways.

We have been looking for supplemental insurance for the Queen Mother that will get her back under the "Federal Poverty" line. I was given an amount that we had to cover. I have been thinking that I take this amount, divide it by twelve, and find a policy to cover each smallish portion per month. I was advised today that I had to cover the original amount each month to get her back under the line. This is why I feel like a fool, because I have been operating under this misunderstanding since November. Realizing that I made a mistake has been the most excruciating part of the whole day, and I'm not in a space right now to bounce back from this easily. Once again, ye olde ego has taken a pounding.

So I have to make a few more phone calls than I initally intended. So there is the possibility that I won't find what I'm looking for, and I will have to admit defeat, and quit being the Queen Mother's paid Provider. (I would still be looking after her, but I just wouldn't be paid to do it.) That's probably also part of what's eating at me, that there might not be a "payoff" to all of my hard work.

I step back into "Appointment Week" tomorrow - and I also start bleeding in earnest tomorrow. Oh what fun. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment