Monday, May 6, 2019

Day 213: on a most unexpected turn

I'm typing this from the cafeteria at the VA Medical Center. Himself has been having significant pain in his thumb for the past few days, so today he finally chose to go to the ER. He also complained of an "odd feeling" around his sternum, so the doctors drew some blood and ran an EKG. Imagine our surprise when the docs said that "odd feeling" might be a heart attack!

He's going to be admitted today for an early morning angiogram tomorrow morning, and we'll go from there. Needless to say, this has shifted our plans quite a bit!

I'll let y'all know tomorrow what his situation is. Prayers in the meantime would be most appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Victoria, I am so sorry to read this. You are both in my prayers. I know this can be so frightening. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having walked with him through cancer a few years ago, I have the feeling we will get through this as well. :)

    ReplyDelete