Friday, May 10, 2019

Day 217: on wrapping up the week

Himself and I made some more phone calls today, both of us finding still more resources to investigate further in the coming days. I am also undergoing the process to get my Medi-Cal renewed, so I responded to a request that I found in the mail pile from the start of the week, and dropped off copies of the necessary paperwork today. 

Then Himself and I got into a disagreement as to the time of his chiropractic appointment, so I dropped him off at the chiropractor's office and headed home to get dinner ready for the Queen Mother. It turns out his calendar was the correct one. Good news was that there was no change necessary to the adjustments that he gets, due to his cardiac adventure this week.

Something I need to work on: taking the reins completely and making all of the decisions. Himself's mental faculties are still reasonably intact, and we originally agreed to make choices together As A Team. I need to give him his space and value his input, and not automatically assume that He's Wrong and I'm Right.

Something that is working: since I leaned in to the 16:8 Intermittent Fasting, I am not Emotionally Eating. That was one of my big character defects, and I am happy to say that it has all but vanished. I had some significant opportunities to "eat my emotions," this past week, but I have stayed reasonably healthy, and not resorted to midnight snacking or gone to my big Comfort Foods, namely macaroni and cheese. I have been briefly tempted, but the feelings have passed in time.

Focusing on chores tomorrow: laundry and dishes and trash, oh my! Then I'm going to take advantage of needing to pick up Himself (after his monthly commitment) to get out of the house and do some much needed socializing! Taking care of my needs as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment