Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Day 221: on a sudden stop

Himself managed to tackle his to-do list rather well. Me, not so much.

I figured things were going to go off track when I spent my time drinking my Chai Tea Latte, yet reading a long article about Generation-X, of which I'm a part. I did not realize Depression was going to pay a visit today and make moving forward super Heavy. I wound up napping quite a bit.

It's not just one reason I was depressed - I have my short list to rattle off - but my challenge is that I'm too tired to either beat back the stinking thinking, or refute it with Positive opposites. I'm worn out and burning out.

The mists parted from the summit of the mountain, for a brief moment, as Himself got a helpline number for the Board of Veterans Appeals. He called the helpline, and learned that progress on his case has been stalled. Apparently, his case manager at the law firm representing him has changed, so they informed the Board. When this happens, they have to Stop Everything, review the change, then they can Restart the process once the change passes muster. Hopefully this doesn't toss the case to the back of the line entirely, but still...a delay. (LE SIIIIIIIIGH)

Then I wonder why Depression paid a visit. That's me in a nutshell: Stalled.

Round two of appointments is tomorrow, so I will be too busy to throw myself a pity party. Action outside of myself is what I need to snap me out of my funk.

No comments:

Post a Comment