Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Day 214: on what happened next

The Reader's Digest version: yes, Himself had a heart attack, but it wasn't as serious as the cardiologists feared. He is now the proud owner of a swank new stent.

The slightly longer version:
The Queen Mother took her weekly-ish shower First Thing, before breakfast. We had breakfast together, then I showered. I was left a message that Himself went to the Cath Lab while I was breakfasting, so I didn't have to rush down to the hospital. I got a few essential things from Trader Joe's and put some gas in the tank - thank you Federal Tax Refund! Then I went down.

The two hour procedure had an extra hour added onto it, due to the insertion of said swank new stent. Himself then called me on my cell to let me know he was back in his room, so upstairs I went. He/we received a few visitors today. His blood pressure and heart rate are way better today than they were yesterday, so they finally fed him some dinner, and he was ready to eat it..

I came home to feed the Queen Mother (and myself) dinner, then went back down to spend a bit more time with him. Both of them want more time with me, which makes it a challenge to juggle mom time with husband time; so far, though, I say it's working. (They would individually grumble.)

Playing it by ear tomorrow, depending on what the cardiologists and Physical Therapy folks have to say. The latter group wants to make sure he will be steady enough on his feet. We will also see if he can make his eye appointment (which happens to be in a different department in the same facility) in the afternoon; either way, I will be driving him home.

I managed to get the mail from the mailbox this evening. All will abide until he gets home, whenever that happens to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment