Thursday, May 16, 2019

Day 223: on consciously slowing down

Today was a good day to put my brain in the fridge and chill out. I made a choice to put business to the side and allow my mind to empty out and stay empty; for the most part, I was successful. I finished coloring in my most recent mandala, and started to read a new to me book.

I did have to proofread a letter Himself had written, and help the Queen Mother to sort through her shoes (She's down to two pairs now). I also had to return a call from her doctor's office, to find out her Vitamin D levels are a bit low, and her cholesterol levels are a bit high, so we need to make a few tweaks to her diet. Whether she will go along with said tweaks is to be determined.

Mom received her DVT diagnosis, and began this journey in earnest, just before Himself finished chemotherapy. When he had his heart attack a week and a half ago, I started waiting for "the other shoe to drop" in regards to mom. If this is the worst that is going to happen, I will gladly accept it!

I made it to my caregiver support group this evening. Two new caregivers showed up, one who had just connected with SCRC, and one who was possibly looking to connect. It was good to share and to listen, to be with people who Get It, and won't look at you cross-eyed when you go into detail about how crazy your odyssey has been.

I feel refreshed today, enough to tackle some of the business waiting on me tomorrow. Himself was doing his part of the legwork today, so perhaps tomorrow will be his day off. Doubtful, though - just before he was admitted into the hospital, we received word that the fumigation is back on, for the middle of next month, so we need to see if we can take care of that.

Once I'm past Friday, I can put my brain back into the fridge and chill some more. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment