Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Day 236: on a clear day

The morning ran smoother than it has in a while, as everything unfolded in perfect timing, and I was able to write most of my Morning Pages before the Queen Mother was ready to be helped with breakfast. The part I need to fine tune is my morning prayer, as I fell out of practice and got a bit rusty.

Finally got through the stack of mail that had built up over the past week or so. Over half of what we get goes straight into recycling, as it's mainly envelopes and junk mail. I put the essential stuff aside, and tomorrow will be an "administration day" to fill out papers for the upcoming fumigation, cast a vote for HOA board members, and one or two other things. I'm also going to make my phone calls, which I wasn't able to get to today.

Today was Himself's last Cognitive Behavioral Therapy appointment. The discussion was mainly a review, and also a realization that sometimes, when willpower isn't enough, the body will step in and insist that whatever change needs to be made Will Be Made, Right Now. Basically, Himself's Cardiac Adventure is helping him to make some fundamental changes in his thought processes that the cognitive exercises alone weren't quite able to accomplish.

Both of us are showing the monthly stipends pending in our accounts (Himself's disability pension and the Queen Mother's social security), so we only have one more day in the month to get through. Then we will have a brief window to buy things and pay things before it all shuts down again.

Speaking of financial challenges, Himself did talk to his attorney today, who assured him the situation was not as dire as the Board folks might have implied. Of course they are going to put every effort into winning his case, as they don't get paid unless they win. Unfortunately, there was no timeline as to when we might hear a result - but as I'm changing my focus to the Present instead of the Future, the news really didn't bother me today.

I am feeling lighter and more hopeful today. Part of it is my shift in perspective; part of it is also the shift in the weather. It was a warm and sunny day today, and it finally felt Seasonal for the first time in a few months! The forecast is showing a warming trend over the next week or so, though it will be a little cooler for the weekend. Maybe now I can actually think about rotating my wardrobe over to summer clothes; honestly, this would be the latest in the year that I've shifted from cool weather clothes to warm weather clothes. Not a big deal at all, but one of those interesting notes of life as it is.

So that's it for this evening. Tomorrow my focus shifts to domestic issues to be taken care of. I will see how much I can cross off the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment