Thursday, May 30, 2019

Day 237: on compromise

This will be a bit challenging, as I'm endeavoring to type this while lying down and propping the screen up against Inkblot the cat, who is lying atop my pelvis. Here I go anyway...

Today was occupied with making arrangements for the upcoming fumigation. Himself managed to take advantage of his status as a Navy Veteran to make an arrangement with some of the the local Veterans of Foreign Wars to help out with hotel costs. They found us a pet-friendly place - a Motel 6 - on the other side of town, for about half the cost of what we were initially looking at. Though I'm not thrilled with the idea at staying at a Motel 6, beggars can't be choosers, and this just might work out to be a better arrangement overall.

As the pieces of that puzzle were coming together, we took advantage of Himself's account being replenished to grab groceries and pay some bills, with more to come tomorrow. I managed to fill out the all-important fumigation paperwork today, and will fax it over tomorrow. I also managed to file the various pieces of mail we've received in their appropriate spots.

As  bonus, I found some wherewithal to clean up in the kitchen and load the dishwasher. The kitchen is also a "to be continued" for tomorrow, along with some more bill paying. We're not quite sure what the evening plans will be, but we'll figure that out as well.

Suddenly I have more faith that Life is happening FOR me, rather than TO me. Indeed, She moves in Mysterious Ways. 

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like your day was filled with challenging things that you successfully moved through. Glad you figured out where to stay that allowed your fur family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's interesting - since I wrote my letter to my Higher Power, things haven't necessarily gotten easier, but they have become more manageable. There is something to be said to loosening your grip upon the reins. :)

      Delete