Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Day 235: on facing the lesson

The good news: Himself won't need to return to the Cardiac department unless he has further adventures, and the staff helped to expedite the process to get him into Cardiac Rehab. He is moving in the right direction, healthwise.

The bad news: The HOA is not willing to delay the fumigation a second time; more, they say we get to pay $750 in fines if we don't comply. The thought to stay put and eat the fines is tempting, since that's less than the estimated hotel bill! However, something the Queen Mother said the other night gave me an idea: I can ask my cousin, who happens to have a nice-sized house, to see if she can put up with us - I mean, put us up - for a few days so said fumigation can take place, and we can save some moolah. I will add calling her to my to-do list.

The WTF: Himself's VA attorney presented some evidence to the Board to support his claim. There is still no ruling yet, and he was informed that the whole thing might be remanded back to the Regional Board here in San Diego. This is NOT a welcome possiblility, since they have not always been straightforward, in Himself's reckoning, in evaluating his claims. Besides, we aren't sure what that would do with the case overall. He has a call into his attorney to discuss the situation.

The Lesson, which I have been trying to avoid, if I'm going to be truly honest: I need to stop thinking about what I'm going to do to care for myself, "when we get the money/financial stability." I need to think about what I can do for myself and my sanity NOW, while we're hanging out in Limbo. I need to Go Small in ALL areas of my life, and get rid of any lingering expectations of Timing. (I will say, though, things will start getting Very Ouchy if there isn't a resolution by the end of June.)

To start, I have three goals this week: 1) Get my mornings a bit better organized - wash bowls and start water for tea first thing, then read some Literature and say a prayer or two while the tea steeps and everyone else in the house gets ready. 2) Step out and Walk while the Queen Mother watches her news, and Himself tends to his own business. 3) Shut down my devices about 11pm, then meditate after I help the Queen Mother into bed. I will check in at the end of the week with my progress.

The mists have parted for a time, and not only do I see we reached a plateau instead of the summit of the mountain, we have been walking around in circles for some time. I move to break out of my "holding pattern" and get on with LIFE, instead of yearning for a future that would only come after I burned out so badly I wouldn't be able to appreciate it.

My clock says it's 11:05, so I will say Good Night and return again tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment