Saturday, June 1, 2019

Day 239: on attending to pleasurable business

Today was an Out and About day, taking full advantage of the nicer weather we are having.

First, we returned to the synagogue for the semi-annual congregational meeting. It's not a big congregation, but it's an enthusiatic one. Fortunately, Himself sat on his hands today and didn't take on any more commitments! We soaked in a little Community Time schmoozing before and after the meeting.

On the way home, we stopped in at one of the stores of our cable company. We thought we would be in for a bit of a wait, as it was plenty busy, until I saw the little "Pay here" machines at the other end of the store, being completely ignored. With a little help from a friendly customer service representative, we paid the cable bill and went our merry way.

I had a snack and got dinner assembled for the Queen Mother, then Himself and I headed down to San Diego for his regular Saturday night meeting. We got there a bit early since he is the Coffeemaker, one of the two Very Important Positions, the other being Secretary. He celebrated a milestone this evening with another Community.

Post-meeting, we went out to dinner with some of our friends, both to continue Himself's celebration, and also to celebrate our 7th Meet-iversary. Himself and I first met seven years ago tomorrow, but since we're keeping an eye on the cashola, we chose to consolidate reasons to celebrate, and had one special dinner tonight. If I remember tomorrow, I will share the story of how we met. :)

We came home with full bellies and happy hearts. Tomorrow he tends to business outside the home, and I tend to business inside the home.  

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely day, Victoria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you were able to be with like minded people. It is nice when others have some understanding of where you are coming from. I hope your stay away from home goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mantra for our upcoming "adventure" is, "We'll make it work." That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

      Delete