Monday, June 24, 2019

Day 262: on being slow and steady

Instead of waking up "weighed down," I woke up surprisingly energized and buoyant today. I didn't question why; I took the ball and strode forward with it. Running with the ball will abide till the end of the week. ;)

I deliberately paced myself, moving slowly and steadily through the day. I made headway in some of the paperwork I needed to get done. I finally rounded up all of the recycling in the kitchen - washing out glass jars and bottles, bagging empty cat food cans, putting together empty yogurt cups - and put everything in its place. I also started loading up the dishwasher. 

I even managed to cook myself some dinner: black beans, rice, a bit of salsa, one packet of chili sauce, and (ahem) four packets of ketchup. I wound up with something tasty, yet only had a little heat in it. It paired well with my salad. A few days ago I paired "chili" beans, basically pinto beans in a yummy tomato based sauce with added spices, with some of my remaining tri-color quinoa. I boosted up the iron content in my food to help fortify me in my Moontime; perhaps that's why I felt rather awake this morning.

Tonight I felt sociable, watching some TV with the Queen Mother: American Ninja Warrior along with the first half of the Spain vs. US women's soccer game. I watched the second half of the game with Himself. Not bad at all for a Monday, and a full bleeding Monday yet!

Tomorrow, though, I will have to leave the home while bleeding, but it should be okay. Just need to figure out how to work on the "administrative" tasks before me. I will, as always, do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment