Sunday, June 30, 2019

Day 268: on deep relaxation

I didn't have a Do Nothing Day today, but I came rather close. It felt luxurious and decadent.

I did more reading than I had "planned" to do. I was going to read a couple of articles but they turned out to be very long, though very entertaining. I am out of my regular Chai tea at the moment, so I snuck one of my mother's Constant Comment tea bags and enjoyed that with some of my reading. 

A few weeks ago Constant Comment tea was the topic of some discussion among my partners in blogging, and now I know why. It reminds me of one of my favorite teas, Lady Grey tea, but the orange and bergamot is not as sweet in Constant Comment. Still, a good tea and a nice change of pace.

When I finally got around to eating, I made myself some egg sandwich "sliders," basically dinner rolls cut in half, with some avocado tzatziki spread from Trader Joe's on one side (Himself bought it but I'm eating it, as it contains bits of onion and other things disagreeable to his digestive system), and some brie cheese spread on the other side, with just a dab of salsa on each bit of scrambled egg. They were delicious. I would later have a bit more cheese with some rice pilaf that Himself brought home last night.

I did convince myself to do a bit of work on the computer in the afternoon, and Himself joined me on a cat food run after he got home this evening and we both had a shower. It was Jaguar Weather, as I call it, very sunny and very warm today, and a bit more humid than usual for SoCal. Other than that, I took advantage of the empty agenda I had and Relaxed Deeply, getting a bit of that Staycation I had been craving. 

Tomorrow will be busy enough, with the paying of key bills and a Cardiac session, along with grocery shopping. He has his money; now I'm waiting on mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment