Saturday, June 8, 2019

Day 246: on further romping

Outside of our master bedroom there is what we call the "ventricle." It's not a full patio, but a small place of privacy outside of the bedroom door. It has a couple of hedge bushes and a bouganvillea bush which can provide further privacy. The foliage can also grow quite explosively and rapidly during seasons of significant rainfall, which we had this past spring.

Today I armed myself with clippers and tacked the jungle outside our door. Not counting breaks, I spent about an hour and a half first chopping down all the excessive growth, then using our handy wheeled trash can to haul the clippings out to the closest (and emptiest) dumpster. I took a picture when I was done and sent it to Himself.

Afterwards, I took a nice long shower, then prepared dinner. I found myself napping briefly after dinner, but I woke up to take a lap around the complex to make my activity goals for the day, along with getting the mail. I love the long warm Summer days, even when I have to tackle pruning. The temperatures are finally hitting their seasonal average - it was 81 today, and forecast to be in the high 80's at the start of the workweek - but the secret is the lower levels of humidity in the SoCal air. Comparatively speaking, it's a dry heat; anyone tired of the East Coast humidity is welcome to come and stay for awhile.

Plenty to do tomorrow, so I will stop here and assemble our second cat carrier.

No comments:

Post a Comment