Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Day 242: on returning to calmer waters

I went to the credit union today and sorted everything out. I have some paperwork to fill out for a wee bit of help - which will be moot when Himself's cases are settled - and I will see what I can get done prior to the fumigation. I will see if I can get this squared away by the end of this week.

On the other side of the coin, we are postponing a trip to an estate planner, as we don't have the funds yet, and more to the point, aren't sure when they are going to arrive. Once we have the funds, then we can shop around and see who to go with.,

In the meantime, I have successfully instituted a few new routines to help with some structure and form in my day: to start the day, I wash out the necessary breakfast bowls, and the pot for my tea water if I need to, then fill the pot partway with water and put it on to boil. I then read some daily literature and work my morning prayers while everyone else wakes up or showers. By the time the tea water has boiled and the tea has steeped, Himself and the Queen Mother are taken care of, and I can settle down with my Morning Pages and write to my heart's content.

Sometime after dinner, while Himself is attending to business and the Queen Mother is attending to the news, I put on my shoes and walk around the condo for a couple of laps. It takes me about half an hour, helps with my daily activity and step-count totals, and I am noticing I can work through things in my mind as I move my body, so that's a win-win.

At the end of the day, after I have put the Queen Mother to bed, I inform Himself that I am going to meditate, so that he doesn't inadvertently interrupt me while I'm zenning out. I have a certain technique that I use, and I have been using a special bundle that I put together for Caregiving as my focus. I am finding some inspiration coming through, and I have also noticed I'm getting better sleep. What's also helping in that regard is shutting all devices off at 11pm, to assist further in quieting my mind.

I found myself eyeing Depression before I went to the credit union, but that it dissipated considerably after my visit. I realized that I've become very good at stinking thinking, if not outright catastrophizing, and that I need to retrain myself to accentuate the positive again. I'll see what I can do!

Now I move back to preparing for our Involuntary Staycation... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment