Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Day 264: on single tasking

I chose to go with Himself to his Cardiac Rehab session today. We worked out for a little more than an hour; today I finally broke a sweat, or as I said to the staff, "I got my Sparkle on." ;) One thing I do know: I am not fond of the elliptical machine At All. I feel like I'm going to fall off of it at any moment. I think I'll stick with the recumbent version.

In moving my muscles, to paraphrase Julia Cameron once again, I am moving my mood. I suspect this is one of the reasons Life is not feeling quite so Heavy and Dim  these days. I am wanting to make this a priority in my life, at least for the next two months and a week (According to my calculations, he will finish with these sessions in the first week of September). I found that I didn't get "hangry" as I have in the past, and was able to get through assembling dinners - delayed by an hour and a half due to wending our way home through traffic - without wanting to lose my shit, pardon my French.

Working out was the only thing I managed to get done today, but that's okay. No one has an appointment tomorrow, so I can focus on the more domestic affairs, such as laundry and paperwork. Tomorrow I can feel a different sense of accomplishment. Today's was the satisfaction I had in moving my body, and listening to my body, and knowing when to push, and when to say I'd had enough.

I'm already noticing a difference in how my clothes are fitting. Tomorrow I will weigh myself and see where I am.

2 comments:

  1. Getting my body moving is a key to some mental clarity for me. Right now it is in doing difficult chores that are long overdue. I keep telling myself I am taking care of my body by doing work. Sometimes I even believe myself. Good for you for working out

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's funny is that I was never a big gym fan before this. I thought I could get all of my exercise out in nature. I'm actually finding myself looking foward to doing a little bit more, pushing myself a little bit farther. It's totally addicting - and not a bad addiction to have. :)

    ReplyDelete