Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Day 263: on doing just enough

Today I woke up feeling a bit behind the 8-ball, which is more along the lines of how I expect to feel when I am in my Moontime. I still managed to pull myself together enough to help the Queen Mother take her weekly shower, then take my own shower and wash my hair (which badly needed it). While mom was showering, Himself went to his latest chiropractic appointment. Once everything was squared away, we went down to Jewish Family Services to hit up their Corner Market, aka the food pantry.

There was a lot of yummy vegetarian and vegan food present today; I tried very hard not to overload my cart, keeping my eyes in line with my stomach. I have enough now to make tasty salads to go along with my dinners, along with some bread to satisfy both Himself and myself. My one indulgence this time was a large squeezable jar of sweet pickle relish. What can I say, I miss pickles! We did pretty well, though at times I felt a bit rushed. I wanted to slow down a bit more and make sure I was making good choices. 

Afterward, I used the last of my cash to grab a few cans of cat food, and Himself used some cash out of his "electronic wallet" to grab a few shaving essentials - stuff that the food pantry does not carry. By the time we were all done, it was about 3:45pm, and there were accidents on the northbound I-15. Needless to say, we were a bit delayed arriving home. I called the Queen Mother to warn her beforehand.

Towards the end of the week we are expecting some more help, and I am hoping that between that and this latest pantry run, that will be the LAST of the help we need. If Himself's attorney is right, sometime between now and the end of August he should receive a judgment in his case, and we will see just how much cash he gets. Keeping our fingers crossed...

Depending on how fast I am flowing tomorrow, I might or might not go with Himself to his rehab appointment. If I don't, it will back to the pile of paperwork patiently waiting for me. Whatever else happens, I will be getting some good sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment