Thursday, June 27, 2019

Day 265: on finding the solution

Today was finally Laundry Day for the entire family unit, as Himself chose to wash two loads (darks and lights) and I chose to wash one load (for the Queen Mother and myself). With the clothes washed and ready to be dried, the natural next step was to dry the laundry.

Small problem: Himself had some cash in his e-wallet, which we could use for grocery shopping (which we did), but in using his e-wallet to pay, he/we could not get cash back. This was our challenge because the laundromat by our home kicks it old school, as the popular vernacular goes, and needs real quarters, not e-cash, to power its dryers.

I had a solution ready to go: we gather our change, I get the last remaining dollar out of my account at the credit union, convert the change to quarters while we were at it, and we would each have enough cash to dry our load of laundry. The challenge came to convince Himself to go along with me; he had become so put out by the fact he could not get cash back from his e-wallet, he was ready just to fold up his tent and go home. I had to growl at him to go with my plan, which by the way, worked out perfectly.

Both of us can be very stubborn at times, as we both come by it naturally (his parents and my parents could also be said to have wide stubborn streaks in their spirits). Some other emotions came up around today's dryer adventures, so it occurred to me that this would be a good time to write about my control issues, and what I struggled to control, and what I really needed to let go of. While Himself attended a meeting (his therapy), I journaled and got a few things ready to burn in Fire Ceremony (my therapy).

We have since communicated and clarified our positions to each other, and talked our way through the feelings that came up today. Just as importantly, all of the laundry is clean and dry, folded up / hung up and put away.

Tomorrow is the next Cardiac session, so we will burn off any excess emotional energy that needs to be released. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment