Thursday, June 13, 2019

Day 251: on finally decompressing

Today finally matched my expectations about how I had envisioned this "staycation" to be like. My mind was relaxing on Tuesday, then jumped back into Overwhelm on Wednesday. Without any outside commitments today, I was able to sink into the relaxed pace and enjoy myself (at least until my lower back started kvetching).

I have reorganized the various bags we brought with us: Our Bathroom, the Queen Mother's Bathroom, the Kitchen. It wasn't as complex as I first thought it would be, which is good. I also did a Timed Writing exercise that I had been putting off for a whlle, considering my What If's. I only came up with two this time around, but I tucked this into the back of my brain in case I needed to use it again later. 

We will be doing some packing up tonight, as tomorrow will be another early morning and we have much to do after breakfast: a bit of vacuuming and opening up the windows, schlepping things back to the house, then bringing home the Queen Mother and the cats. (We didn't get any calls from Petsmart today, so I will take that as No News Is Good News). We actually visited the home today, and I am very glad that we are taking this extra night away: within about five minutes of being inside, I could feel tightening in my front sinuses and a tickle in the back of my throat...and if I could feel these things, the cats would feel even worse. So yes, one more night away, with the central fan on at home. I do have my house keys back. :)

The "forced adventure" is almost over, and we will be easing back into more normal routines tomorrow and through the weekend. I will share more thoughts about everything in my next entry.

2 comments: