Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Day 249: on the "fumigation staycation"

Himself actually woke up early, voluntarily! He has challenges with sound sleep away from home, and his brain kicked in to Fully Awake mode right after 7am. Mine kicked on about 7:25.

As we rose early, we chose to take advantage of the free hot breakfast offered by the motel, which consisted of cereal, bread to toast, mini muffins and cinnamon rolls, apples, and make-your-own waffles. Coffee, hot water for tea, and juice (apple and orange) were also offered. We made our own waffles, but the thought of eating waffles for four consecutive mornings was not appealing, especially when paired with live testimony about the status of Latin American Migrant Children on the TV in the room. We agreed to break our fast elsewhere tomorrow.

Once we had full bellies, we drove back to our condo, grabbed a few last minute things, and waited for the fumigators to arrive. They were scheduled to show up between 10:00 and noon; a few minutes after ten, they showed up. I handed them the house keys, Himself and I said a few quick prayers under our breath, then we headed back to the motel. Our unofficial staycation had begun. I tended to the Queen Mother's breakfast when we returned, which she enjoyed with the daily paper.

Since Himself and I woke up way earlier than usual, we visited a Subway to get some sandwiches for lunch; I perused the paper while I ate mine. I got a double chocolate cookie for the Queen Mother, which she enjoyed immensely.  I also finally got a shower in, after which I felt like an entirely new person. It also helped that today was a bit cooler than yesterday.

I accompanied Hiimself out to a meeting, and we had dinner before we came home. We swung by the condo once more to walk the perimeter of our buiilding, then returned to the motel. The Queen Mother is getting ready for bed as I type.

Tomorrrow features another trip to the VA Medical Center in La Jolla for Hiimself's eye appointment, which has already been rescheduled twice. Witth a few other things to take care of, it will be a bit before we return, so we will grab dinner on the way home. Life continues on...

No comments:

Post a Comment